Recommended casinos for Craps in Las Vegas
Playing Craps and Testing your System on a Limited Budget
- Our Recommendation: JOKERS WILD
- You have to venture far from the Vegas Strip to get low minimums on craps, but ohhow low these minimums are! The Jokers Wild is near Henderson on the BoulderStrip, and at their lone craps table you can bet as little as $2 on the Pass orDon’t Pass, and just $1 on Prop bets. This table is usually staffed by break-indealers and jammed with player bets ranging from 1$ to $25. The table odds are 10X,which give players a lot of range to test strategy using the FreeOdds bet. Prudent and patient players should be able to experiment withstrategies extensively with only $50 to $100. This is a great spot to test yoursystem within the constraints of a small bankroll.
On a recent visit The Bone Man faded his daughter Ashley with a little bankrolland after about two hours of play lady Ashley was a winner. The Jokers Wild is atidy and clean casino and the single craps table features a clean layout with fairlynew gaming cheques. There is an attractive cocktail lounge within listening distanceof the craps table, often featuring country and western music. There’s also a smallsports book and cocktail service area on the south end of the casino.
LOCATION: 920 North Boulder Highway, Henderson, NV 89015
Phone: (702) 564-8100, website
Playing Craps in Downtown Vegas
- Our Recommendation: MAIN STREET STATION
- There is no Downtown casino that can match the table offerings at the Main StreetStation. The craps pit here features three clean tables, experienced dicecrew and generous 20X table odds. The table minimum is $5and maximum is $1,000. Serious players should be able to test strategies with a$500 to $1,000 bankroll.
The best access to Main Street Station from the Fremont mall is to walk throughthe Las Vegas Club casino, out the back door, cross the street and into the CaliforniaClub, the home of the World’s Record Craps Roll.Take the escalator up to the second floor and walk through the pedestrian overpassto Main Street Station.
Main Street Station features an elegant Victorian Theme and has one of the bestMicro Breweries in Vegas.
You can pre-arrange your credit line by getting an application at Main Street’s website.
LOCATION: 200 N. Main Street
Phone: 800-465-0711, website
Rolling the Bones on the Las Vegas Strip
- Our Recommendation: CASINO ROYALE
- The best craps deal in all of Las Vegas is located right in the middle of the worldfamous Las Vegas Strip, the often-overlooked Casino Royale. The Craps Pithere features two full tables and a sit-down crap shoot. The two full tables featurea $3 minimum and a $500 maximum on flat bets with a $2,500 maximum on Free Odds, which are a super-generous 100x, the absolute best offering inthe Las Vegas area, even better than downtown. The 100X odds formerly provided atSam’s Town on the Boulder Highway and Downtown at Binion’s Horseshoe no longer exist.
The sit-down table has limited options on maximums, so NextShooter recommends thatyou play on the full tables.
Casino Royale is located across the street from the Mirage and between the Venetianand Harrah’s. As there is no major entertainment venue in Casino Royale, NextShootersuggests that you stroll through Harrah’s to the south side and witness The CarnavalCourt venue. Most nights there is live music which can be seen from the exteriorof the complex. Watch the bartenders juggle spirits and mixers from the main bar.This is a great spot for people watching.
LOCATION: 3411 Las Vegas Blvd. South, Las Vegas, NV 89109
Phone: 800-854-7666, website
The Best Options in Vegas on The Boulder Highway
- Recommendation: EASTSIDE CANNERY
- The Eastside Cannery that opened in late 2008 is now offering $3 and $5 minimumson weekdays and posting 100X Free Odds. There are two tables, normally running weekendsand Holidays, one table usually running on weekdays and during graveyard shifts.The 100X Free Odds posting is matched in Vegas only by the Casino Royale propertyon The Strip. The facility also features an attractive cocktail lounge called Marilyn’sand often posts up attractive entertainment with a no-minimum requirement on cocktails.The sportsbook at this Cannery property is very much alligned to Horse action, thoughthere are many high definition television sets at the adjacent sports bar.
LOCATION: 5255 Boulder Highway, Henderson, NV 89122
Phone: 800-856-5300, website
- Our Recommendation: SAM’S TOWN HOTEL AND GAMBLING HALL
- Sam’s Town Hotel and Gambling Hall is another solid option in Las Vegas on the BoulderHighway. This was one of the last bastions for 100X odds which were offeredfor a short while after Binion’s Horseshoe (Downtown) discontinued its own 100xodds. In mid-2002 Sam’s Town reduced its table odds to 20X which is still second-bestonly to Casino Royale in the Vegas vicinity.
The craps pit at Sam’s Town features five tables. 20x Odds. $5 Minimum, and $3,000Maximum. Maximum on odds is $5,000. The casino was remodeled in early 2000. Forsports bettors there are nice 32″ TV screens directly over two of the craps tables.This is the best craps deal on The Boulder Highway.
At Sam’s Town the Bone Man and daughter Ashley watched the dramatic laser show inThe Mystic Falls complex. Later on The Bone Man cornered a craps dealer to ask aboutthe roll that was rumored to have made the casino replace their former 100X oddsofferings with the current 20X odds posting, but the dealer said there wasn’t anyparticular day or event that caused this change in policy, as many big-player winningdays had occurred a number of months prior to the changes in odds offerings.
You can sign up for credit at Sam’s Town by filling out the application from their website. Once you have established a credit line atSam’s Town you can also use their website to track your play for tax purposes.
LOCATION: 5111 Boulder Highway, Henderson, NV 89122
Phone: 800-897-8696, website
Best family of casinos
- Our Recommendation: STATION CASINOS
- The Station Casino properties are one of the fastest growing and best managed companiesin Vegas. All Station properties post 10X Odds in their craps pits withthe exception of the little Wild, Wild West property on Tropicana, and The GreenValley Ranch that posts 3-4-5x Odds. Barley’s Casino on Sunset Road no longer hasa casino pit.
Their “Boarding Pass” comp. system and promotion is one of the best packages forplayers, and comps can be accrued in any property and applied at any other property.You can sign up for The Boarding Pass on their website.
Station Casinos has managed to corner the locals market by positioning their propertiesto encircle the whole of Las Vegas.
The Station Properties include:
- Texas Station
- Palace Station
- Sunset Station
- Green Valley Ranch
- Boulder Station
- Wild, Wild West
- Santa Fe Station
- Barley’s Casino
- Fiesta – Henderson
- Fiesta – Rancho
- Red Rock Station
- Aliante Station
Check out their room rates and promotions, often featuring Internet Specials.
LOCATION: Various locations throughout Las Vegas, Henderson and Green Valley
Phone: 800-6-STATIONS, website
NO LONGER RECOMMENDED:
- Binion’s Horseshoe (Downtown Las Vegas)
- We’re sad to have had to remove Binion’s Horshoe from our Recommended list. Overthe past couple of years they have reduced their table odds from 100X to 20X, againdown to 10X, and in recent years they’ve dropped the number of of craps tables from12 to 6. In addition at one time they were in heavy litigation for not paying theirfees for their participation in The Fremont Experience promotion, and many dealersthere were upset with the way that tokes were being handled during The World Seriesof Poker promotion. All we can say is that “The Shoe” has been going downhill fastthough attempts for upgrades are now being made in 2008 by the new Four Queens owner.For history buffs, you might want to take a walk through if you are downtown andjust try to picture what was once a craps shooters paradise.